Friday, December 18, 2020

Muzaffarnagar: Dad in Jail & Deserted by Mom, Homeless Kid Lives on Footpath With Stray Dog

A couple of days back, a picture of a homeless boy sleeping with a dog on a street went viral after a local photo journalist posted it on social media. Identified as Ankit, the 9-year-old boy has been living on the footpath and has been earning his livelihood working at a tea stall in Uttar Pradesh’s Muzaffarnagar.

Sadly enough, the kid has been forced to make the footpath his home as Ankit’s father is behind the bars and his mother has abandoned him. When asked of his family, he knows no one and doesn’t know where he is from.  The only family he has is a street dog named Danny, who never leaves his side.

Speaking to media persons, the child said, “My mother is not here and my father is in jail. I have a pet dog that I found 20 days ago.” When asked how he was able to survive and at the same time feed the dog, Ankit said, “I sold cardboards and earn some money from it. I was able to give milk and bread to the dog as I wash cups at a tea stall.”

Complete news including his picture: IC

No comments:

Post a Comment